Experienced Treatment for Varicose Veins
If twisted, gnarled, enlarged varicose veins on your legs are making you feel embarrassed, self-conscious or insecure, you’re in the right place. If the thought of wearing shorts or dresses is out of the question, it’s time to ease your mind.
One of the risk factors of varicose veins (aside from pregnancy, age, family history of varicose veins and others) is working in a job or a career that has you on your feet for long periods of time. With varicose veins, putting in a full day of teaching, nursing or working on a warehouse floor can get more difficult by the day. Not to mention, playing with your kids or grandkids, participating in your favorite activities—even getting a good night’s sleep—all begin to feel like impossible tasks.
Thankfully, Dr. Tawfik’s extensive training and experience in interventional cardiology provide him a unique edge in safely and quickly performing today’s advanced, minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
Signs and symptoms of varicose veins
Sometimes, varicose veins aren’t painful, but when they cause significant or severe pain, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Leg pain that gets worse after sitting or standing for a long time
- Burning, throbbing, achy or heavy feeling legs
- Muscle cramping and swelling in the lower legs
- Itching around one or more of your veins
- Bleeding from varicose veins
If left untreated, varicose veins can progress to serious health issues such as ulcers and bleeding, even life-threatening conditions like blood clotting, or deep vein thrombosis (DVT). If you notice the hardening of a vein, skin inflammation or skin ulcers around your ankle, seek medical attention right away.
Expertly diagnosing varicose veins with advanced ultrasound
Your treatment and the best possible outcome begins with an accurate diagnosis. To treat varicose veins and venous insufficiency (damaged, dysfunctional veins), Dr. Tawfik performs an in-office diagnostic ultrasound. This exam:
- Confirms your diagnosis and candidacy for treatment
- Can reveal the underlying causes of your vein condition
- Produces immediate results to inform your treatment
- Supports Dr. Tawfik in precisely treating problem veins
- Aids in monitoring your progress
It’s time to take your legs and your life back. To schedule your varicose FREE consultation in Monmouth County, NJ, use our easy contact form or call 732-982-2952.